It seemed like just yesterday morning that I announced HeadersFooters 0.2 — oh wait it was yesterday morning, albeit as an all-nighter. Unfortunately a pretty big bug creeped in where the header/footers were appearing in the edits of articles. That came from trying to be too cute. Let this be a lesson, don’t be cute.
While this version didn’t introduce any new features per say, it did fix up some pretty huge issues. You don’t need to &action=purge anymore. That’s right, it will go everywhere and get in your business and flush that shit. It was really complicated, there will undoubtedly be some hiccups, but for now it should be good. This includes having the headers/footers show up properly when you come back from an edit. I snuck in some support for special page headers for those that have them in the MediaWiki: space too.
A few ideas I’m toying with for the next release will be to make sure the revision view, comparison view and api all behave properly. As usual this is a pretty hackish extension, so if it does something funny, send me a line!
* Edit box was showing header/footer wikitext since 2.0, fixed
* Caches for affected pages are invalidated, should save you a action=purge (thanks DanielFriesen)
* Special:HeadersFooters now only shows what is enabled
* Special:HeadersFooters header editing for some special pages
* Special:Headersfooters’ header now supported
* Special:Headersfooters form remembers values after error messages
* now tied into main debugging framework
* svn: trunk 2011-10-02, 1.18alpha 2011-10-02, 1.17branch 2011-10-02
* releases: 1.17.0, 1.16.0, 1.15.5