Released HeadersFooters 0.2 early this morning, it brings in a much needed new message storage system (which unfortunately breaks the current one). I considered created a convenience tool to rename existing headers/footers but figured version 0.1 was not out long enough to really set people back much. Apologies but please move your existing pages to the new names by hand. Here’s the changelog:
* new Special:HeadersFooters page for easy header/footer creation/editing
* compatibility with MW messages, better i18n support (thanks Alphos, bawolff)
breaking changes / requires admin action:
* switch to MW messages changes all header/footer urls, you will need to move them! Sorry!
The new method is much more robust, the old method can potentially break other
pages/messages in your wiki. i18n support is also improved as messages are unlikely
to break between MW translation changes of namespaces.
* $wgHeadersFootersUsingPages’s new default is false for speed reasons,
if you use or want page headers/footers please set it to true in your LocalSettings.php
* switched hook ParserBeforeStrip to ArticleAfterFetchContent for better support and less hacks (thanks Dantman)
* cleaned up functions and simplified the extension, making use of more core messaging functions, Xml object
* special thanks to RoanKattouw, DanielFriesen and Dantman for coding advice
* svn: trunk 2011-09-27, 1.18alpha 2011-09-27, 1.17branch 2011-09-27
* releases: 1.17.0, 1.16.0, 1.15.5
* after defining a header/footer you may need to do a &action=purge on affected pages
* Special:HeadersFooters shows all edit shortcuts even when you turn some of them off global/page
Of course 5 minutes after release I realized the new special page for editing messages wasn’t hiding things when you turn them off at the config level… oops. Currently working on a few bugfixes for version 0.2.1 including cache optimizations!