Update 0.1.2

Release Update 0.1.2 extension for mediawiki. This releases fixes an unresolved issue where errors would show up if you were not running PHP 5.3.x — sorry, I was just too bleeding edge there for a second!

Changelog:
bugfix:
* changed a call method to support php < 5.3.x (thanks Wikimanz)

testing:
* trunk 2011-09-22 stable 1.17.0, 1.16.0, 1.15.5

Update 0.1.1

A user reported that they were seeing errors/warnings with Update, and sure enough, my php.ini was out of date and not showing me all errors. I fixed that, then fixed the extension. This version sees a custom Special:Update which is getting ready for more advanced features. The roadmap has SVN and GIT support, as well as some download capabilities.

Changelog:
features:
* new Special:Update interface (no longer based on Special:Version)

bugfix:
* various strict php warnings/errors (thanks Wikimanz)
* now tries to guess MW link to extension if url is diff
* improved version comparison using php’s version_compare()
* added mediawiki 1.15.5 support (better http request handling)
* improved translation support for translatewiki.net (thanks Nikerabbit)
* hook SoftwareInfo removed

testing:
* trunk 2011-09-22 stable 1.17.0, 1.16.0, 1.15.5

Special:Update 0.1

I know it’s only been a few days, but I made a new thing! It’s a special page for MediaWiki called Update which shows you what extensions you have installed have new versions out. It also lets you know about MediaWiki (and its requirements for PHP, MySQL). It’s just a basic screen-scrapper release right now to get something working in your hands, but don’t worry there will be lots of new features coming! I’ve also released it under BSD-2-clause and a pay-what-you-want scheme.

Speaking of which, I also put out a new version 0.1.1 of Realnames. Just minor bugfixes for now, but also I think I may tackle some bigger things soon for 0.2!

And as always if you try out any of my extensions please drop me a line.